Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Achtung, Baby!


I have just applied for my visa for the Czech Republic, in Berlin. Fun fact: you have to apply for the visa outside of the intended country of work/residence. In this case, that was totally "ok" because I was able to take a short bus ride and visit a good friend and former co-worker: Jason Durall.


It was really great to see him again and find him doing well in Berlin, his new home. I stayed with Jason at his fantastic flat on Alexanderplatz and fell in love with Berlin life - again!


This time, I saw two new things: the Pergamon Museum and Check Point Charlie. Both sights were incredible in their own right.

The Pergamon Museum is home to the Babylonian Istar gate... A marvel to see. And to think, what's in the museum is only a fraction of the size of what the full structure once was.



Check Point Charlie was always on my list... And I'm glad I had a chance to see it. Two of the stories I read there made me tear up, and I had a photo op at a significant piece of the Berlin Wall.





No comments:

Post a Comment